The purpose of this Data Processing Notice is to provide prior information on the scope and purpose of personal data processing and other important information in connection with data processing related to the visitors who intend to participate in or attend any exhibitions or events organized by Hungexpo and held at Hungexpo Budapest Congress and Exhibition Center operated by HUNGEXPO Ltd. (hereinafter Hungexpo).
This Data Processing Notice shall at all times be available at the website of HUNGEXPO Ltd. (www.hungexpo.hu).
Data of the controller
Controller of the personal data shall be the person who determines the purpose and means of data processing:
Registered seat: H-1101 Budapest, Albertirsai út 10.
Mailing address: H-1101 Budapest, Albertirsai út 10.
Legal basis for data processing:
Legal basis of data processing is the consent of the data subject. The data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Purposes of data processing, scope of the data processed and potential transfer can be downloaded from here:
Data processing notice of HUNGEXPO
Period of data processing
Hungexpo shall continue to process data to the extent and for the time required for the performance of the purposes of data processing described above, in case of mandatory processing for the time required by law and until the deletion of the personal data.
For the management and maintenance of Hungexpo’s website, as well as data processing for administrative purposes, Hungexpo employs a data processor that – for the term of its contract – manages the personal data available, and processes the personal data in connection with their operations. The data processor shall be:
EXPO Informatikai Kft.
Address: 1101 Budapest, Albertirsai út 10., 2. épület
Electronic contact details: email@example.com
Personal data shall be stored by the data processor electronically at the registered seat of Hungexpo. The data processor shall receive from Hungexpo all personal data made available by the data subject.
Persons authorized to access data
The employees of Hungexpo
shall be authorized to access personal data in accordance with a separate
policy regarding authorizations.
Right of access by the data subject
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
– the purposes of the processing;
– the categories of personal data concerned;
– the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
– where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
– the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
– the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
– where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
– the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Hungexpo shall provide to the data subject a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. For any further copies requested by the data subject, the controller may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs. Where the data subject makes the request by electronic means, and unless otherwise requested by the data subject, the information shall be provided in a commonly used electronic form. The right to obtain a copy shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to rectification
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
The controller shall communicate any rectification carried out to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. The controller shall inform the data subject about those recipients if the data subject requests it.
Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
– the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
– the data subject revokes its underlying consent to data processing, and there are no other legitimate grounds for the processing;
– the data subject objects to processing for direct marketing purposes;
– the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
– the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
The controller shall communicate any erasure of personal data carried out to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. The controller shall inform the data subject about those recipients if the data subject requests it.
Request for erasure can be submitted to Hungexpo’s mailing address by registered letter or registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt, or via e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. When erasure is requested via e-mail, indication of the name and the previously registered e-mail address is mandatory.
The data entered when subscribing to our newsletter is kept confidential. Option to unsubscribe from newsletters is provided at the bottom of every single newsletter sent out or can be requested at any contact indicated. Erasure or modification of your data can be requested in writing at email@example.com via e-mail or by sending a mail to H-1101 Budapest, Albertirsai út 10. via post.
Right to restriction of processing
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
– the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, restriction applies for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
– the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
– the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
– the data subject has objected to processing; the period of restriction shall be applicable until verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Where processing has been restricted according to the above, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the data subject’s consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
The controller shall give prior information to the data subject having requested the restriction of data processing on the removal of data processing restrictions. The controller shall communicate any restriction carried out to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. The controller shall inform the data subject about those recipients if the data subject requests it.
Right to data portability
The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used form, in addition, the data subject is entitled to transfer those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where:
– the processing is based on consent or on a contract; and
– the processing is carried out by automated means.
When exercising the right to data portability, the data subject is
entitled to request – if technically applicable – the direct transfer of
personal data between controllers.
Right to object
Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. Where the data subject objects to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Every data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
Contact information of the Supervisory Authority can be found below:
Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
H-1125 Budapest, Szilágyi Erzsébet fasor 22/c
mailing address: H-1530 Budapest, PO Box 5.
telephone number: +36 (1) 391-1400, fax: +36 (1) 391-1410
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
8.) Guidelines for data processing
Hungexpo will not verify personal data obtained by it. Responsibility for the appropriateness of the data entered shall lie exclusively with the person entering such data. By entering the e-mail address of the data subject, the person entering said e-mail address assumes responsibility for being the only person using Hungexpo’s services with such e-mail address. With respect to this, all responsibility related to the log-ins with such an e-mail address shall be the sole responsibility of the data subject who has registered this e-mail address.
Personal data are processed by Hungexpo in a manner that ensures confidentiality, and therefore Hungexpo assumes at all times responsibility for the full compliance with effective legislature on data protection. Hungexpo complies with the legislature on data protection in all respects.
Hungexpo reserves the right to modify the information included in this notice, without prior notification, according to the changes in relevant statutory provisions or practice of law. The data subject shall be responsible for the authenticity of the personal data. Hungexpo shall not be held responsible for any damage arising from the falseness of such data.
Hungexpo shall be entitled to modify this Data Processing Notice unilaterally. Shall the Data Processing Notice be modified, Hungexpo notify data subjects by publishing it on its website www.hungexpo.hu. You accept the modified Data Processing Notice by using the service after the modifications enter into force and effect.