Budapest is the capital of Hungary, located in the heart of Europe, and with its population over 2 million being the 8th largest city in the European Union. Thanks to its natural beauty, architectural artworks, relaxing atmosphere and entertainment opportunities Budapest is the perfect place to be. The sign of the international recognition of the city is that Budapest won the European Best Destination Award in 2019
The well-developed infrastructure, dynamically developing economy and vibrant academic and cultural life of the city makesBudapest one of Europe’s favored locations for conferences. Since the 1990s the capital of Hungary has been chosen as the venue for several international events, congresses and conferences of great importance.
- Located in the heart of Europe
- 8th largest city in the European Union
- Population over 2million
- Short flights from all European capitals
- Friendly locals, genuine hospitality, public safety
- Food and wine
- Affordable luxury
Budapest won the Best European Destination 2019 title
More than half a million people have voted for their best European destinations for the tenth edition of the competition organized by European Best Destinations (EBD).
EBD writes on their website about Budapest that “the pearl of the Danube is not only the best European destination, it is also one of the most beautiful and safest cities in the world. Budapest offers the elegance of Paris, the architectural heritage of Vienna, the charm of Porto, Stockholm’s gentle way of life.”
More about Budapest
- We Love Budapest – Top 10 Indoor things to do in Budapest
- We Love Budapest – What to do with 2,3 or 5 days in Budapest
- European Best Destinations – Budapest one of the Best Christmas destinations in Europe!
- Business Insider – 7 things you never knew about Hungary
- The Guardian – Travel tips for Budapest